Thursday, April 29, 2010

An evening on "Avenue Q"



My senior year and I'm just now attending my first show at the IU Auditorium outside of Greek events. Last night I was whisked away to the satirically-humorous community of "Avenue Q." The smash hit Broadway musical was showing in a packed IU Auditorium for two days, and me and my friends made it to the second show. The story takes place in a fictional New York-like borough, where humans and muppets live together. But this isn't your average Sesame Street as the lessons learned were more acute for an adult audience. With songs such as "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist" and "It'd Be Okay, If You Were Gay," the play took a hard, gut-splitting look at life and everyone's purpose. All in all it is a great, unique piece on how life is what it is, but only for now. It changes from day to day, and our purpose is to adapt.



No comments:

Post a Comment